1932: Gabriel and Isabelle
Maudrey arrive at the Chezatte estate. The estate is uncultivated.
1945: Planting on one hectare
of Gamay for family consumption.
1952: Beginning of planting
vines with business plans in mind.
1959: the town of Saint-Gemme
obtains th AOC label for its vines.
1960: Purchase of the estate
for life, which ended 33 years later after the death of the owner.
1972: The estate's wine-producing
area reaches 15 hectares.
1977: The estate reaches
20 hectares and becomes equipped with a cooling chamber as well
as two harvesting bins. A decree forbids all vines planted within
more than 1m30cm from each other to be classified AOC; the 20
hectares of the estate are planted within 1m80cm of each other.
1980: Purchase of a mechanical
grape-harvester - the first in the Sancerre region.
1985: Purchase of a bottling
machine (bottling 1200 bottles per hour).
1986: The estate purchases
an adhesive labelling machine and begins the eight-year process
of uprooting its 20 hectares of vines, replanting them over 30
hectares of land ,in accordance with the A.O.C. appellation decree.
1991: 85% of the estate's
vines were damaged by frost.
1994: The third generation
of the family takes over the estate.
1996: Renovation of the tasting
room as well as the facades of the buildings and the courtyard.
1999: Acquisition of two
1009Hl assembly casks and extension of the cellar.
2000: Purchase of a new bottling
machine, with DEPALETISEUR bottling 4500 bottles per hour.
2003: Installation of the
thermoregulation of the vats is completed.
2008: The fourth generation
enters into the estate's affairs.